I am going to try to be organized when it comes to her activities at each stage of her life. So here are her 6 week stats:
Nicknames: Squirmy Wormy, Stinker or Stinker Poo and Baby Girl. Wow. I guess the only sweet one is baby girl.. maybe we should work on those.
Diapers: Still wearing size one. We have had a few diaper blowouts.. more like every time now because she usually only goes once a day. You will hear the grunting for a couple of minutes and then the legs straighten out and then you better get about 5 wipes ready because it will be a doozy.
Eating: We are still nursing and supplementing with formula. We have changed formula because for the past week the spit up has become a constant thing where as before it was occasional. It seems to be helping. I was also running out of Matt's shirts to wear so we had to get that stopped before I had to start doing laundry.
Sleeping: We are on a good (as good as getting up a couple times at night can be) schedule now. She is up for the day by 7:30 and eats, plays for an hour (as best as you can play with an infant) then sleeps for about 1-2 hours. Then repeat every 3 hours until 7:30 p.m. that is when we bath her, feed her, and then put her down for the night and she usually will sleep till 12 or 1 and then she is back up at 4. She is sleeping in her pack in play in our room still. She sleeps well in it at night only if she is swaddled. If she gets one finger out of the swaddle it is over! Most of the time she sleeps in her bouncer. The Dr told us to keep her at a 45 degree angle as much as possible. She loves her bouncer!Smiling/Grunting: She might sneak a smile every once in a while, but for the most part she still hasn't reached that milestone in my book. She is a grunter. I cannot wait until this turns into cooing, but for now I'll take her grunts - they make me laugh every time.
6 week Favorites: Teddy bear mobile, baths, kicking (kick starting her motorcycle as Matt calls it), bouncer, pacifier
Enemies: GAS! This by far is her biggest enemy. She didn't earn her nickname Stinker Poo for nothing. Baby acne - this is more my enemy than hers because it takes everything I have not to pick at them. I swear I haven't! Diaper changes - sometimes she doesn't mind her diaper changed and other times she screams like we are hurting her! Still not a fan of clothing changes. Hiccups and tummy time: exhibit A below
![]() |
| Not too happy with tummy time |
![]() |
| Just waiting patiently |
![]() |
| Is it my turn yet??? |
Once he realized he wasn't going to get it he decided my toes were sooo bad he would give me a pedicure. Yes, my big toe is half chipped.. it is bad.. very bad. Maybe CC wants to babysit so I can get a pedicure! :-) Matt told Hadley today don't grow up too fast.. I am okay if she wants to get to the sleeping through the night stage quickly, but I agree I don't want her to grow up too fast. These past 6 weeks flew by and I barely slept..




No comments:
Post a Comment