This post is about my pregnancy with Hadley. I wish I would have started this blog during that time, but I didn't. I have a pregnancy calendar I kept up with and a scrapbook I made while on bed rest. My overall pregnancy with Hadley was amazing! I remember when I found out I was pregnant (many of you already know this story but here it is again).
Taking the test
It was technically November 14th BUT it was November 13th when I really really thought I could be pregnant. November 13 is my dad's birthday. It was a Friday and I had an appointment to take Zoe to the vet. I took her in the morning and then went and bought flowers and a pregnancy test. I wanted to go put the flowers out in the morning since it was getting dark early. When I was there I talked to my dad like I always did and prayed like I always do there. I prayed for the gift of a child that day.
I keep track of EVERYTHING and remember too many details, dates, and random things. I knew I was a couple days late, but of course I was thinking don't get your hopes up just wait to take the test. So I decided I wouldn't even worry about taking the test until Saturday. Friday night my mom, Matt and I went to Pappasitos for dinner. I didn't order a margarita and my mom looked at me with this weird smile like your not telling me something... I didn't know but in my heart couldn't stop thinking about being pregnant. We got home that night and I was so tired so I went to bed, but in the middle of the night I couldn't take it any longer and took the test.. it was +! I danced with Koda and Zoe in the guest bathroom before I busted in our room and woke Matt up! I told myself I'll tell him in the morning, but the second I went to get back into bed that plan was out the window! Ultrasounds
Our first appointment was at 6 weeks. We had an ultrasound and I had never felt anxiety like I felt that morning. My blood pressure was thru the roof and I could literally feel my heart beating out of my chest! Matt was there and was for most all my appointments (until the very end when you go every week), so that made me feel better. I remember when we saw the little heartbeat Matt squeezed my hand and we were smiling soo big! We had to do blood work after the ultrasound and I can still remember us sitting on the bench just smiling like we won the lottery (to us we had) and staring at our baby's first picture. We were lucky to have ultrasounds very often. I don't know how people use to do it with out ultrasounds!
Growing Belly I can remember wanting a baby bump so bad! I think I just felt like it would make things real. Well lets just say once I lose the weight I will show you the picture of my belly the night before she was born. Wow.. I honestly didn't think it could get that big! However it was worth EVERY stretch mark and pound I put on (all 55.. yikes)!
Here is a timeline I put together of the big moments during my pregnancy with Hadley. (These pics are all from the digital scrapbook I made for her.. I am not so talented with real scrapbooking!)
Growing Belly I can remember wanting a baby bump so bad! I think I just felt like it would make things real. Well lets just say once I lose the weight I will show you the picture of my belly the night before she was born. Wow.. I honestly didn't think it could get that big! However it was worth EVERY stretch mark and pound I put on (all 55.. yikes)!
This video was taken a couple weeks before she was born.. she was on the move!
Complications or lack there of
I didn't have a lot of sickness in the beginning, just nauseous a handful of times and only got sick a couple of times. I considered myself very lucky and I also contribute this lack of sickness to the excessive weight gain. I was very VERY tired in the beginning and remember Matt begging me to come out on New Years Eve to visit with the neighbors. The thought of getting up was tiring enough!
![]() |
| I just know you wanted to see this.. sad when your flip-flops are too small :-/ |
The only complication I had was PIH (pregnancy induced hypertension) basically pre pre-Eclamsia. I was extremely swollen with high blood pressure and I had the protein spilling over. I spent my 25th birthday in the hospital (they brought me a cake) with them running test and doing an 1 1/2 long ultrasound taking every possible measurement they could. In case they decided to deliver her early they wanted to make sure she was ready. I was one day short of 37 weeks which is when a baby is considered full term. They decided that they would release me that night and put me on bed rest. I was on bed rest for a week and although if someone told me right now to go on bed rest I would be so happy, back then laying down or doing anything really was miserable! Also, the anxiousness of meeting your baby is so extreme laying down is not good because that is all you think about. They induced a week later and the induction went great! I was so worried it would end in a c-section but thankfully it didn't!
I loved being pregnant! I miss it so much, but am definitely not ready for baby #2. Matt and I have different opinions on when we should add to our family, but we both agree that right now we just can't get enough of her:


















No comments:
Post a Comment