Monday, July 2, 2012

Blessings

I was thinking about these last few months since Crosby's birth and how much has happened in our lives and thought about if I should extensively blog about it or not... I decided to skim over it as I am positive I could never forget about how chaotic life has been. However, I do want to blog about how blessed we have been through all of it.

In the last week alone, my mom was hospitalized for sever pneumonia, our a/c broke and then my mom's a/c broke, I had a bad 24 hour bug, then some mild hearing lose, after 3 trips to the Dr./hospital we now know Hadley fractured her foot and all of her finger and toe nails are peeling off (apparently can happen in sever cases of Hand, Foot and Mouth which she had over a month ago).

It has been busy around here, but I am sure it is no different than any other household. I know we all have our ups and downs and chaotic life moments and for us it seems they have hit in a 4 month period. I don't want to say it can't get any worse because I don't want the universe to try to prove me wrong, but I do feel if we can handle all of that we quite possibly can handle more (don't really want to know if we can though).

Blessings
Through all of the chaos and sometimes what felt like catastrophes we have had great friends and family that have helped us out in more ways than they could know.

Matt now has a new boss that has a different perspective/outlook and he is now able to take the kids in the morning to help me out when I have early morning calls. Or like last week when I was running between my mom's house, hospital, dr's office, etc.. It seems small, but him not having to be in the office at 6:30 makes a huge difference for us and our lifestyle.

I have been frustrated at work, at times, (who hasn't) BUT the fact that I can work anytime and not have to be in an office strictly from 8-5 has been such a blessing. I also have the best coworker who covers any and everything without ever being asked. She has truly been my LIFESAVER!

When my mom was released from the hospital they sent her home with strict orders of rest, rest, rest and more rest. She was feeling so terrible it was actually easier to keep her low key. The nurses and doctors at the hospital said the prescription she was on was going to be very expensive (and they were right - I called 5 different pharmacy's and the price ranged $210 - $499). I decided to go to Kroger since they were the cheapest at $210 and that way I could also grocery shop for her at the same time. When I went to pay for the prescription, the tech asked if she had prescription coverage and I told her no and then she asked me a few things and then told me something (I couldn't hear her because of the dumb hearing loss so I just nodded my head - now I wish I knew what she said) and then the prescription rang up for $12 and change. Talk about a blessing. I wanted to cry right then in Kroger's but didn't. I just thought that girl has no idea how much of a blessing that was for my mom.

This past weekend Stacy and BJ babysat so we could have a little mini vacation. I will do a whole post about the weekend but they will never know what a blessing that was for us to have 32 hours of peace and quiet!!

So in the chaos of it all it was easy to see how certain things feel into place making life just a little bit easier or gave us the ability to handle it at all... that is why I feel like through it all we are truly blessed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment