I really wish we could repeat last Saturday and Sunday a few more times. I am pretty sure Hadley would love that as well!
Months ago I had designed a birthday invitation for Hadley's party and was really excited about it. I wanted to do a Minnie Mouse theme. I wanted it to be a sophisticated Minnie Mouse theme, because you know a 2 year old cares about that.
Last minute, I decided that Hadley loves to sing Happy Birthday and I really wanted people to sing to her. I thought she would love it and she did. We live on a street with 18 kids under 16 so I figured inviting the neighbors over would be plenty of people to sing to Hadley.
Oh and she also made her a matching birthday top! That is quite the chocolate cake (and vanilla cake, rice krispies, cream cheese butter cream, etc..;-)).
Here are a few pictures from her non-birthday party party:
![]() |
| I love Maddox in this picture... so serious about the ball pit! |
![]() |
| Rhylinn joined in on the fun and she loved the tricycle! |
![]() |
| Loving everyone singing Happy Birthday! |
![]() |
| I'm not going to lie I am pretty sure I was just as, if not more, excited about the easel! I may or may not write on it everyday. |
![]() |
| We couldn't resist :-) I am sure there will be many more moments like this with his big sis! |
I know she enjoyed the day very much! We loved seeing her get so excited about everything and everyone. My neighbor texted me later telling me how sweet Hadley was with Emma (she is 10 months old and WALKING every where!) She said she would sweetly touch her arm and say "Emma" and give her a hug. As a mom, that is the best compliment. I love hearing how sweet she is :-) there are those moments that I am just in awe over how sweet, cuddly and caring she is. Tonight, I was coughing and she was yelling "mommy otay? mommy otay?" and she also runs over to give Crosby hugs and kisses all the time. She also plays with him or shows him toys and how they work.. She is a really good big sister. I think it just took some time to adjust to having a sibling and now that he is older, more sturdy and can laugh and smile at her - she is much more gentle with him. She really loves it when he smiles at her.
We had her 2 year appointment yesterday and she was hamming it up for the doctor. No shots or blood draws this time, just time to show off her climbing and speaking skills. ha!
Here are her measurements:
Height: 35 1/2" and in the 83%
Weight: 27lb 12 oz and in the 76%
Head: 18 1/4" and in the 27%
BMI: 15.7
It is crazy to think her next check-up is at 3! However, I am pretty sure we will see the doctor before then. She is not the most GRACEful little girl :-)
Speaking on the topic of gracefulness, we did see a orthopedic doctor about her broken foot. It is crazy because he said that in 22 years he has not seen a toddler break that bone, but that it could be possible or it was another bone that was broken and that bone was just 'bruised'- just needs more x-rays, etc and that since she is doing so well we would take a wait and watch approach. He also told me not to let her jump and at about that point she fell face first off the chair in front of him. Awesome. Matt was watching her by they way, not very well if you ask me (that's not really fair I think I have a little resentment in me b/c this morning I woke when she dumped a bottle of water on my face and he was supposedly watching her then, too :-/) We are not sure her middle name fits, but we love our very active/silly girl so much!I still cannot believe she is 2!











No comments:
Post a Comment