Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Hadley do it!

This is Hadley's favorite phrase right now. It sounds more like 'hall-ley or holly' do it when she says it. She has been in the independent stage for a little bit and everyday tells us more and more "hall-ley do it!". I love watching her try to do things we do or have done for her. She is successful most of the time and when she gets frustrated I hold back everything in me to just do it for her and actually help her figure it out. Luckily, most of the time these things happen when we are not rushing out of the house. She loves to also tell us no! I'll ask for a kiss or hug and she will say NO! and then if I give her a sad face she will give me a big kiss or hug. Now, it is just a game to her and we happily play along.

She has also been better about controlling her temper - there are moments for sure - but she will get frustrated and maybe even get ready to whine and then she will stop and look at me and give me a kiss.. I think it is insurance that I will get over being upset if she does do something wrong. Not sure if that is good or bad parenting on my part, but hey I'll take the least amount of toddler tantrums as possible.

Some funny things that she has said or done lately:
 
Hadley loves candy (aka ten-knee as she calls it) and will ask for it, and when I say no she will then ask for two ten-ney while holding up two fingers and if I say no again, she will say one ten-ney while holding up one finger.

We were watching the neighbors dog, Princess, last week. Hadley and I developed a routine while taking care of her. I would grab the neighbors keys and she would ask for her key (aka our house key) while saying "I go see Princess" and then we would walk to their house. She played with her and would get her food and fill up the bowl, etc. Well, on Friday when they got home I grabbed the keys to take back to them and Hadley ran over asking for her key while saying "I go see Princess!" I told her no not right now and she gave me a sad face and said "one princess?!" like she was asking for a piece of candy or something!

She loves to run around "nakey" after her bath. She runs through the house loudly and chases the dogs and crashes into the couch and if we don't let her do it she will not go to sleep as easily. I guess it is her one last moment of the day to get all her energy out! Usually, if she does this and drinks her shark milk (milk in a shark cup - cause shark milk just sounds gross!) she will blow me BIG kisses (ones that are so big I fall down like a big goof ball!) from her crib and then tell me bye! I like the nice and easy bed time routine we have going on.

She is talking, talking and talking all the time. In the car, in her bed, while taking a bath - all talk all the time! Last night, Matt said she laid in bed saying Paw-Paw? CC? Pay pay-doh? No, no, no! and on and on for a good 45 mins.

I call Matt, Matt, not daddy unless I am talking to Hadley and tell her to go to daddy, etc. So Hadley has started calling daddy - Matt! She will yell through the house - Matt! or at the grocery store like she did yesterday to get his attention. She thinks it is hilarious because we always laugh. Well, in-turn he taught her my name. She cannot say the "ka" sound. Yesterday, I was trying to have her repeat the phrase "My name is Hadley". So I asked her to say "My name is" and she said "My name is Tayleigh"! I busted out laughing and she thought she was a comedian! When you ask her to say her full name it comes out like this- Hall-ley Dace Teneneney.

The other day I went on a jog while pushing her in the stroller. During my few short moments of jogging she would turn around and look at me and say "faster, faster!"  Then turn around and sip her cup of juice and relax with her sunglasses on - oh to be two!


No comments:

Post a Comment