Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Crosby 6 Months

Crosby had his 6 month check up on August 17th and despite the fact that he spits up all the time he is apparently doing just fine in the weight department :-)

Height: 27 3/4" (93%)
Weight: 18lbs 7oz (70%)
FOC: 17 1/4" (69%)

He is really my sweet little cuddle bug! This past Sunday, as I was rocking him before bed, he just cuddled up to my neck and laid on my shoulder and I just couldn't lay him down. He actually does this a lot and I love it! I really cherish those moments especially now that I know how fast each stage passes.

He is a little bit fussy at times and I am guessing it has to do with the spiting up/teething. One morning, I got him out of his crib (which was covered in spit up) and gave him a bath, dressed him and put 2 bibs on him (one thin and one thick  - our usual for him). I sat him up and he turned his head and spit up on his shirt and gets just a little bit on the bibs. New outfit and bibs and then I put him in the exersaucer and a minute later I walk by and he stinks.. blow out diaper and more spit up. A new diaper, new outfit, new bib along with a wipe down and all of this happened in less than 30 mins. We go through some laundry around here - my nemesis!

I thought Hadley spit up a lot and she did, but this boy has her beat. Hadley was on reflux medicine, but the doctor doesn't feel Crosby needs to be. I am okay with that - I mean every time he spit up in front of them he would cover me and himself in it and then smile really big. They say if he is happy when he spits up = a laundry problem and not reflux. He is happy, but he is fussy, too. There is no way that spitting up that much cannot hurt or irritate him in one way or another. We have given him all the over the counter remedies and changed formula and nothing really helps. It's weird because he didn't spit up a lot when he was a newborn but then again he had majority breast milk the first few months. I sometimes wish I had not started taking a medication for the Meniere's disease that caused me to stop nursing. However, I can't change that now so I must not dwell on it!

He loves to roll around on the ground. He gets places by squirming around and rolling there. I don't think his plan is to go from point a to point b, but he is happy when he realized he moved somewhere on his own! Everything goes into his mouth and despite the fact that he acts like all his teeth are coming in at once I don't see anything yet. I thought I saw a little white spot of a tooth cutting the gums, but there wasn't really anything there. I guess just hopeful thinking on my part. Frozen bananas in the mesh bag or apple juice ice cubes really help him and if it gets really bad a frozen fruit bar does wonders.

He eats 3 meals of oatmeal and fruit or a veggie a day along with 24-30 ounces of formula. I really am trying to decrease the amount of liquids he gets because of the spit up. He spits up food as well though so I guess it will really just be a thing he has to out grow. He is also over his pacifier.. He mostly turns it side ways and chews on it. Hadley gave it up at 4 months and he is almost there. I will be happy to get rid of them for the sake of my dog and wallet :-).

Here are some pictures of my handsome little boy!
Watching us cook dinner!

Really giving us the stare down!

Playing in his exersaucer during coloring time with sister.

Just too cute for words! I want to squeeze those cheeks :-)

Playing with cousin Jacob

Look at the tummy :-)

Playing in his exersaucer during play-doh time with sister




  Teething much?!



 I see you!

No comments:

Post a Comment