We live on a wonderful cul-de-sac. There are 14 kids total with 3 babies all born in the last 3 months. Hadley will have plenty of kids to play with and a little girl and little boy basically her same age. We have a cul-de-sac party for most of the holidays/events (4th of July, Halloween, New Years, Super Bowl, etc..). We love our street!
We are very close to one of our neighbors, the Au's. We eat dinner together often and I don't mind if they see my house dirty - that is a BIG deal!
This morning I let the dogs out, in the backyard, and stepped out with Hadley to enjoy the cool weather. We just put new locks on all of our doors. They are very very pretty, BUT you can open the door from the inside even if it is locked on the outside... I am sure you can guess where I am going with this story.
After enjoying the outside weather I went to open the door and, uh oh, it is locked. Let me tell you I am not one of those that sleeps in nice looking PJ's especially right now. I am sporting Matt's basketball shorts and an over sized shirt minus a very important garment underneath. Hadley scratched her face pretty bad last night when she, surprise surprise, wiggled her way out of Matt's swaddle. So let me tell you we were looking good!
I walked across the cul-de-sac to the Au's house and thank goodness Steve was still there. I would hate to knock on the door if he wasn't because I didn't want to wake up Irma and Christian. I know what the sleep deprivation is like with a 3 week old! I told him the story and he was laughing! I said sorry for the homeless looking person knocking on your door and he responded "not homeless- white trash." That is exactly what we looked like! After getting the key I was walking back to our house when I stepped on something (of course I have no shoes on) and couldn't get it out. So I hobbled back.
I am very thankful we live on such a wonderful street with the greatest neighbors!
Since it is Wordless Wednesday and I did write words I will leave you with a couple pictures that I will be looking at all day tomorrow, while I am at work:
![]() |
| I love Matt's Blanket |
![]() |
| My Family! |
![]() |
| And of course I will miss my other babies, too. |







No comments:
Post a Comment