Tuesday, September 21, 2010

...

I have thought of many names for this blog post:

Worlds worst mom and pica

Socks and Maalox

Last 2 days from H-E-double hockey sticks

I need hardwood floors

and a few others, but I think this picture sums it up:


Let me start with Monday. 
This is the day I lost the best Mom award. Now it is not that bad looking back, but in the moment I was pretty sure I was the worst person ever. Hadley has a bad case of acid reflux. The Prevacid helps but then there are some days it is just really bothering her, for instance, yesterday. I was playing with her on my bed and she was on her tummy and started to spit up. A LOT. She started screaming as she kept spitting up. So I picked her up and got the Maalox ready to give to her. The medicine dropper was almost empty and some how I pulled it out of her mouth and shot it into her eye.

Here comes the hysteria. She was SCREAMING. I was panicking. I ran over to the sink and rinsed her eye out. I called my mom and she said "what is wrong if you don't tell me I'm getting in the car now" she couldn't hear me because Hadley was screaming so loud. Once I got her to stop screaming so loud I told my mom through my own crying what happened. She said call the pediatrician. I did and the lady who took the message told me to call Poison Control. I was, like I said, hysterical. Hadley however had stopped crying and was cooing and smiling at me. Poison control told me that Maalox is very benign and that I just need to put her in her tub and put cool water on her head to run down her eyes for 15 minutes. That was the hardest 15 minutes. I was sitting in the bathtub with her (both of us fully clothed) and pouring handfuls of cool water on her head. She screamed the whole time and flinched with every handful of water.

Once that was over she was exhausted it was past her nap time - I wrapped her up and rocked her to sleep. I never do that, but I just couldn't put her down. She is definitely not blind like my initial thoughts to the situation. To say the least I felt like the worlds worst mom.

This is where the wine comes into the picture. I sure did enjoy a nice glass with my bath last night.

Now today.
I love dogs. You can tell by the post below. They are truly our other babies. I have had a dog all my life. They are expensive, dirty, crazy, playful, cute, and cuddly. They are priceless! The fact that I can still say all these things after today should attest to my love for my puppies! This is where the carpet cleaner and gloves come in. My precious lovable Koda has a sever case of Pica. I know all dogs like to chew on socks, underwear, etc... but my dear Koda loves to swallow them- whole. Today, however, he reached a new low. He swallowed a pair of socks. Yes, a whole pair of Matt's socks.

How do I know it was a whole pair.. well you can figure that out. I will spare you the pictures. Why I took a picture I have no idea. I no longer worry about him eating things. The odd thing is I have never even seen my dog with a sock in his mouth. I don't think he chews on them but just inhales it in .2 seconds.


No comments:

Post a Comment