Wednesday, April 6, 2011

8 Months

Since Hadley is almost 9 months I am going to have to forgo the normal monthly stats on this one.. from what I can remember (:-( the whole point of doing this blog is so I wouldn't forget anything..oops!) she started crawling during this time.. it is a funny army crawl, BUT in the last 2 days she has started getting up and crawling in the normal crawl position! She rocks back-in-forth and only crawls a little bit before it is back to the army crawl.



She is NOT my petite princess.. in fact someone thought she was 18 months! Now, she would be a little behind on milestones if she was 18 months, but I do have to give this lady a little bit of a break because she is now wearing 18 months in most brands. In the boutique or brand name clothing she is 12 months, but at Carter's and Children's place she is 18 months for sure, except pj's. The 12 months are tight, and will only probably fit for a little while (I just bought them Monday!), but the 18 month are too long and the feet are giant on them!








Oh and the biggest thing... I just bought a new car seat for her! A big girl car seat!!! WOW, they are expensive, but you cannot put a price on your child's safety. I did my research, and researched, and researched some more and just bought this one: http://www.diapers.com/product/productdetail.aspx?productid=53553 The new standard is keeping the car seat rear facing until they are two. This one will go rear facing up to 40lbs and then forward facing up to 70lbs. This one will last us until she needs a booster seat.

We actually need two, but for now we plan on putting the new one in my car and just keeping the infant car seat in Matt's truck all the time. It can handle up to 35lbs, but she is getting so long she is outgrowing it and it is getting so heavy to carry her around in it. So this way we can just carry her! We will have to get the other one for Matt's truck soon, but I think we could go another two months. That will at least help with the $230.00 price tag :-/ (and that was with the 20% coupon).

No comments:

Post a Comment