Saturday, July 7, 2012

Hadley's Birthday Weekend Part 1

Talk about a perfect day - today was that day for us! I know Hadley may not remember this day when she is older, but I know we will never forget it.

Today, was all about Hadley. We started out at the Children's Museum and spent a couple of hours there before we finished the afternoon off at the Aquarium. These 2 places were on my bucket list of to dos with Hadley this summer. She really enjoyed the museum and on the way out she got 2 balloons that said happy birthday. She really loves balloons! On the way to the Aquarium, there might have been some chanting of fishies, fishies, fishies going on! The Aquarium did not disappoint!

We were concerned about cost but it really wasn't that bad. It was the first time we tried eating out with her in a long time (in fact I cannot even remember the last time we went to a restaurant with her). I loved that I didn't have to worry about how loud she was and that there was plenty of things to entertain her. That made it worth every penny.

We did the carousel, but she wasn't all that thrilled. Then we had lunch, rode the train, and walked the exhibit. She was getting tired but she was a trooper and never whined. At the white tiger exhibit, she asked if she could go in and play with the kitty. haha! That cat is a little different than the neighbors cat, Hannah Montana.

Here are a few of my favorite pictures from today:

Matt's expression makes It looks like I am holding them up or something.. he's a good husband/dad and does all the silly poses I request

I LOVE LOVE LOVE that smile and it was permanently plastered on her face ALL.DAY.LONG

She loves her play kitchen at home and at Elsa's - we should have known the HEB in Kidtropolis would be her favorite place

Daddy and Hadley put on a puppet show and she is showing us her piggy nose
Even the walk into the Aquarium was a blast for her and this is my favorite picture of the day! LOVE those two!!

This must be her I am so excited face I cannot keep my eyes open! I have a dozen with her making this expression
Checking out the sharks on the train ride
Sorry baby girl you came by those cheeks naturally :)
Fishies, fishies, fishies!!
Mom, dad and birthday girl! Birthday girl didn't even make it out of the parking lot before she was out!

Tricycle from Grandzu and Grand-T! She loves it and practiced into the evening tonight. She is determined to get it

I cannot even tell you how happy she was when we sang "Happy Birthday" she requested it a few more times and we may or may not of obliged ;-)
Enjoying her 4th or 5th sweet treat for the day. It took some convincing for her to go to bed - wonder why?!!!
Grand-T and Grandzu babysat Crosby while we had our Hadley day. Then we came home and celebrated with them and Terry. I think it was a win win for all! I know we enjoyed our last day with our 1 year old very much. We are looking forward to spoiling spending time with her tomorrow (technically today now that I look at the clock!) on her actual birthday. I was just too excited about our day to go to bed, although I am exhausted.

I am in the middle of writing her 2 year old birthday letter to her for her to read when she is older. I am sure she will think I am the biggest sap/cheesiest mom ever but l hope one day she will love reading them. She better! ha!

2 comments:

  1. This just made my day... I checked your blog to see Hadley birday stuff, but really figured it was too soon. You showed me :) Happy Birthday Miss Hadley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, I am loving all the posts! Looks like you guys had such a fun day, happy birthday to your sweet little lady! :)

    ReplyDelete