Thursday, September 2, 2010

8 Weeks

My little baby is 8 weeks old today.. yes that is not all that old but so much has changed in the 2 months she has been in our lives. I have learned a few things

Showers are a luxury.
Naps are non-existent.
Shirts make for a great spit-up rag.
Breastfeeding is a full time job.
Laundry will never be done.
Grocery shopping is an event.
You can live on saltine crackers.
Caffeine was invented for parents.

...and that fact that I know all these things is one of the best parts of my life!

Diapers: Still wearing size one. Not for much longer though!

Eating: She drinks between 4-6 ounces per feeding 7x a day

Sleeping: Still on the same schedule as before. We get a nice stretch between 8pm and midnight and then it is up every 3 hours after that until I finally just get up because she has been grunting for 2 hours straight :/ cannot really sleep through that.

*I don't want to jinx anything BUT she slept from 7:30 p.m. - 1:45 a.m. and then she woke up at 5:30 because of Matt's alarm last night... Lets hope and pray this continues!!

Crying: Much less these days. She cries most in the evening, but major meltdowns are slowly diminishing.

Smiling/Grunting: Lots of smiles these days! That makes getting up at night worth it. She usually is very happy after she wakes you up! She is also cooing and making lots of noises. She is a grunter. I cannot wait until she stops doing this between 5:30-7:30 a.m.

8 week Favorites: Teddy bear mobile, baths, ocean play mat, funny faces, running bath water and fans

Enemies: Gas and baby acne are still her enemies.

Quarks: She kicks off her blankets.. hmm wonder who she got that from!
 
Tomorrow is her 2 month checkup with immunizations... I am sure she will do well, lets see how mom and dad handle it!

2 comments:

  1. Kayleigh!! What a beautiful Angel you have. I love your blog..it's soo much fun to read. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is growing up so fast... before you know it she will throw her cap and gown pics on the coffee table and be asking you for gas money! :) She is changing so much, I can't decide who she looks like.I think she looks like Hadley.

    ReplyDelete