Thursday, September 30th was my first day back to work. Matt and I have worked out a schedule of me dropping her off and him picking her up. Since there are some days he can pick her up at 2 or 3 and most days by 4, this works out best for Hadley. She has a wonderful sitter, Elsa, and we feel very happy to have her. When we went over there for the first time to see how it would work Hadley was so happy and content that both Matt and I left there relieved. Ideally, I would like to stay home with her more (or all the time), BUT I have an awesome schedule worked out with my company and they are allowing me to work from home Wednesday and Friday. I have actually only been able to stay home last Wednesday do to many projects that had to be delivered Friday. I was worried that it might be really hard to do both. Last Wednesday was a good day to see how we would both do because I was slammed with work! It went pretty well and I am hoping it will continue out this way.
Although I did get to see her the most on Wednesday, I had a really hard week! I cried everyday (multiple times a day) and missed for the very first time bath-bottle-cuddle time before bed on Friday. All in all I saw Hadley for 40 minutes Friday. No bueno.
Matt is absolutely wonderful! I always can depend on him and he does everything he can to make me feel better! On Friday he was calling often to see when I would leave the office and he was trying to keep Hadley awake. On my way home he said she can't keep her eyes open anymore.. poor baby. I told him just put her to bed and I will kiss her goodnight when I get home. I told him I will get her frst thing in the morning. So before Hadley or I woke up.. Matt got up and cleaned the house, folded laundry, and took the dogs to daycare so when I got up all I had to do was spend time with Hadley and not worry about the other stuff. I started to cry when I saw everything he did. I am not surprised though.. he does this kind of stuff all the time.
He makes the transition back so much easier. Prayers that this continues to work out for us.
why doesn't your work post get a pic? rude.
ReplyDelete