Thursday, February 24, 2011

Our other two babies!

Koda and Zoe are a big part of our family and I have yet to do a post on them! Lets just say they make life a little bit more interesting for sure :-)

Here are their stats:

Koda Bear Kannady
Breed: Giant-Baby Labrador
Age: 2 1/2
Weight: 95 lbs
Nicknames: Cocoa, Cocoa Bean, Koda (just saying it with a weird accent), Waggs,Wag-Z, Bubba, and Bubba Bear
Quirks: He is a very lovable lap dog (yep 95 lb lap dog) that sleeps in our bed every night between us. He is afraid of almost everything (I once had to put the Vacuum cleaner next to Stacy so he would leave her alone), hats, blow dryers, fireworks, or if you just look at him weird. However, someone comes to the door.. he lets them know who lives there :-) which I do not discourage at all. When I take a bath I have to lock him out of the bathroom because he thinks I bathe in a giant water bowl for him. I cannot get coffee in the morning without giving him whip cream.. it is what we do - everyday. He is not happy unless he has 3 toys in his mouth. If you want to pet him he immediately thinks it is time to play and brings you a toy 3 toys unless it is bed time. There is no such thing as a indestructible dog toy.. Koda can always prove them wrong. He will go into our bedroom 3 or 4 times and keep coming back out of the room to let you know he is ready for bed and you should come, too. He is very cuddly at night and in the morning and he loves to share a pillow with me. In the middle of the night if you pet him you can hear his tail wagging. He loves ALL other dogs, besides the one that lives in the backyard behind us. He has never chewed up a sock or underwear instead he swallows them whole. Once we threw a toy with a rope and 15 seconds later when he brought it back to us the rope was missing. I believe that was our 3rd time to the emergency vet. The first time he swallowed my underwear the vet tech asked if I wanted them back.. um NO! He thinks you are torturing him if you have to put ear drops in. Kids can crawl all over him; pull all his extremities and he is the happiest pup! I think this is why the neighbor kids knock on our door asking is Koda can come out and play?! He wags with his whole body. His tail is a whip and it hurts when it hits you. He lays like a cricket. He knows lots of commands and my personal favorite is when he will give you ten. He can shut the back door, but almost destroys the blinds every time. He has trained Matt to feed him breakfast at 4:30 a.m. and after he finishes eating (Koda) comes back to bed and lays on Matt's side.

He is the puppy Matt and I had talked about for years. He is quirky and goofy and a HUGE part of the Kannady family. We just love him and he loves us (especially Hadley's sticky hands)!

Zoe Jane Kannady (named after one of my favorite STAIND song)
Breed: Who knows! Some kind of Lab and Border Collie mix-maybe?!?!
Age: approximately 1 1/2
Weight: 52 lbs
Nicknames: ZoZo, Oie, Sweet Zoe Jane, Mini dog
Quirks: Oh my.. she is a very quirky dog! She was petrified of Koda as a puppy, for about a day, and then she became Alpha dog. She bites Koda's heels. If you throw a ball she chases the dog retrieving it and not the toy (this is what leads us to believe she has some kind of cow-dog traits). She sleeps at the foot of our bed on my side or in-between our pillows. She freaks out if you blow in her face, but doesn't mind the blow dryer. She puts on an aggressive front and barks at passing dogs, but at the dog park or the vet you would think we beat her as she automatically cows down. She was rescued from a mud pit in the middle of nowhere. She has the sharpest pointy nails no matter how much we file them. She is Houdini and can get out of anything. Just last week she ate my work cell phone charger while it was plugged into the wall and my phone.. didn’t faze her one bit. She doesn't know that many commands, but will always lay down when you ask her to do something she doesn't understand. She can play very rough with Koda and pin him down. She loves rawhides (what dog doesn't?!) and will take Koda's away from him every time. She is very sweet and wants to be loved on all the time. She will drop whatever contraband item she has if you just look at her (no water bottle spraying necessary- like with Koda).

She is not the dog Matt and I always dreamed about, but she is our bonus puppy! She is fun, sweet, and her and Koda love to be together. She is great with Hadley and is very gentle around her. We are so happy she is ours!




Check out those back legs.. that cannot be comfortable.


He looks like an older dog here.. make me sad to think of him getting old.

He lays like that all the time.
She has such a tiny head for her body.


He puts up with any and everything we do to him.




After observing the last couple of pictures I am not sure why we feed them.. I think they prefer grass.
Where am I supposed to sleep?!








Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.7

No comments:

Post a Comment