Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Random Updates

Today, Hadley woke up extra early. After her breakfast I put some Puffs on her highchair tray, to keep her entertained, while I did some work. I think 1 made it into her mouth.. the others dissolved in her warm little hands and I bet you can guess who helped her with the rest:








He sat very pretty and patiently for her to share her puffs with him. Of course she did :-)

Speaking of Koda: I took him to the vet this morning because we were pretty sure he had an ear infection and he does - in both ears. Apparently Labs and babies both are prone to ear infections! They were just doing a general check-up and I was sitting in the chair right by him and he jumped up on me to get into my lap. He is the biggest 95lb baby ever!  They also took him back to express a certain gland that needed expressing.. all I can say is that has to be the worst job ever. Better them than me.

On to my next adventure this morning.. re-shipping the package I sent out Saturday and they ended up shipping to me (see the bottom of this post to see what I am talking about). I took it to the Post Office drop location I mailed it from Saturday and they said they couldn't help me. I had to take it to the Central Cypress office to figure this out. I waited in line and there was 3 workers behind the counter. The whole time I kept thinking please don't let me get the lady on the right.. please. Guess who I got?! Yep, the lady that had been very rude to every single person that had come up to her window. The other 2 workers were laughing and seemed to enjoy life.. her I think she was having a bad day. So I tell her the story of what happened and that since this package should have already made it to its destination by now I need it shipped overnight. I waited to see if she would charge me. I don't know why I wondered if they would charge me of course they will. Then she told me it would be an additional $20 to mail overnight. I said nope not going to pay in fact I believe I am owed a return for the inconvenience and the mistake of the USPS. I was very careful to not say "your fault" and repeatedly said I know it is not "your fault" because I know it is not, but I still think the USPS should take care of their mistake. She had to get a supervisor and then another supervisor and then finally the Post Master General himself. They all said no and I said I would not pay for it.. they told me the label is confusing and my address that is in the top left hand corner looked like the address to ship it to. The other address on there that says ATTN: ... must not mean anything?! I said well if it is confusing why do all my receipt, tracking form, and insurance form all have Brooklyn NY on it? Apparently that means nothing. After he finally agreed to ship it without me paying for it the lady who looked like she was having a bad day kept telling me "now how am I gonna do this? It is coming from my drawer and I ain't paying to ship your package" I said I don't know it must be possible since they said you could do it. Literally 45 minutes later I left with all my documents and them saying it will be there tomorrow morning.. I crossed off the return address and we put an additional BIG label on it with the address on it. Lets hope it actually gets there.

I know it is not a big deal, but when you don't have the time to deal with it then it is just frustrating. Forget floating holidays I should re-name them to crazy or mental days. I foresee one in my future very soon.

Oh and last Saturday was Hadley's 6 month check-up (a month late because she was sick during the last one). She is doing very well. Still has fluid in her ears, but no infection. She also still has her heart murmur. If she still has in 2 months then we will go see a cardiologist. She is 17lbs and 28" long. 50th % for weight and 95% for height. She is long and thin like me (no actually more like her Aunt Stacy!). Saturday after her appointment Stacy and I went to eat at Olive Garden. They put us in the very back of the restaurant. I guess that is what happens when you have a baby :-) It was the first time Hadley sat in one of those wood high chairs. To me I just didn't think she was big enough.. but she is! Is that a milestone?!

No comments:

Post a Comment