I have been a very bad blogger lately. I know no one is upset by this, but I am. The whole point of this blog is to journal our life. There is nothing like living the moment but being able to come back and read about every emotion, thought and feeling is a gift I would like to pass on to my family one day.
Here is what Hadley is up to at 14 months and 2 weeks:
WALKING! She is upright more than she is sitting or crawling. She wants to walk/run everywhere. She is still a little wobbly at moments especially when mommy is really tired and puts her shoes on the wrong feet.. oops. I will not let her walk around outside on the concrete without holding my hand. She gets a head of herself and trips over her own feet. I'm fine with her doing it in the grass, but that is not where she wants to be!
Eating: She would eat watermelon at every meal if she could. She is picky and not a great eater. I'm not worried though. She eats when she is hungry and I know it is a stage. We just keep reintroducing foods to her and some days she will eat it and others NO WAY! If all else fails we give her watermelon. At least it is a good juicy fruit she loves! If I had time I would make her more foods to try with hidden veggies and protein in it, but I honestly don't even feel guilty that I haven't. I would much rather snuggle with her than cook her dinner
(don't worry she still eats). She still has her nighttime bottle and I am not in any rush to break that habit.
Vocab: She does not have a large vocabulary at this point, but each day she tries something new. Her latest is repeating "Iloryou" after you tell her "I love you". It is so sweet and it will melt your heart every time!
Sleeping: She is usually pretty tired from walking around all day long. She is in bed by 8 at the very latest and it is usually 7:30 most days. She is up around 6:30 lately. That is tough. I know she is sleeping well, but getting up for the day around 5:30-6:30 on the weekends is hard! Oh well, just more awake time with her! Nothing to complain about there.
I am sure I am leaving out important details of her life at this point, but we are cherishing them as they happen. I love that she wants me to hold her all the time even though I know I shouldn't
always pick her up but why not - she won't want me to hold her forever.. when she reaches her arms up as high as they will go and goes on her tippy toes I just cannot resist. I was reading on my pregnancy app on my phone (about all I have time for) that you shouldn't pick up your older child. You should let them crawl into your lap and play with them there.. I am guessing either a man wrote it or this person does not have a kid.
When I try to put Hadley down when she wants to be held she will have none of that! She will wrap her little legs around my waist (
if you can call it that these days) and holds them up in the sitting wrap around position mid air. Then the opposite happens if I don't want to put her down, like in the grocery store, and she is determined to get down - she will cry and throw a tantrum. She doesn't watch a lot of t.v. but if Moose A. Moose comes on she will stop whatever she is doing to pay attention to him. It is fascinating to watch. She wants to climb everything right now. In fact, yesterday Matt thought she was with me in her room (which she was for about 2 seconds and then she went back into the living room) and he looked up from cooking breakfast to see her standing up in the recliner arms outstretched playing airplane. She is not fearful. At a birthday party we were at Saturday, she walked up to this little girl and boy about her age and tried to hug them and poke their faces.. were working on keeping our hands to our-self or at least out of the eyes! I think it is great that she wants to make friends and is not shy at this point. I know that will change one day - everything is a phase right?! The good and the bad.
One thing I was worried about before Hadley was born was how Zoe would be around here. I always knew Koda would be great, but I was a little unsure with Zoe because she is more aggressive then Koda (not that she has ever attacked anyone or anything before). Turns out Miss Zoe and Hadley are two peas in a pod! Zoe will tolerate anything
anything Hadley does to her. She will take a beating, hair pulling, rough petting, lots of kisses and tail grabbing without flinching. This morning Hadley was trying to play peek-a-boo with Zoe and put the blanket over Zoe's head. Of course I was a little hesitant that she might scratch her on accident just trying to get away, but instead she just laid there and wagged her tail as Hadley did it over and over and over again.
Well, I know there is much much more to say about her since it has been over a month since I have had an update. I will leave you with some picture of my sweet baby girl! (Well, sometimes sweet ;-))
As I sit her I realize I forgot 2 big things she does..
- She is independent and wants to do everything herself (example of her independence in the pictures below)
- She makes a thirst quenching "ahh" after every single sip she takes
Get ready for picture overload.. it is long overdo! (click on the picture if you want to see the larger version)
Miss Independent drinking from a water bottle. She was reaching towards the counter making her
I want noise and I thought it was for the cupcake, but it was for the water bottle. She had so much fun!
you have the best captions! I read them all. She is so freaking cute. It's like I'm THERE with you guys! creepy... xoxo
ReplyDelete