Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Koda Update

We are very excited to report Koda is doing much better. We were at that point that we were either going to have to do surgery again or go to Gulf Coast or A&M to see a specialist. They did an ultrasound and could see fluid near his incision, but when they biopsied it was normal. He was acting much better and more normal, but still would not eat. He did finally eat a few treats for the vet and that was the first time since last week. So after consulting with the vet we made the call to top him off with fluids and I would come back and pick him up for the night and see how he acted. As soon as we got home he was starving! He ate dinner and everything was back to normal. I was so so SO happy! Our vet has a 3 year old yellow lab at home and him and his wife just had their first baby 4 months ago so he was very understanding with my crying! He said his wife was saying she would be crying all the time! Even if they were just being nice I appreciated it! I just didn't know why my lab who eats EVERYTHING even non-food items would not eat anything. Now we have to put an e-collar on him so he will not chew his arms where they had the IV. 

He is very embarrassed!
 

It is great to have our bubba bear back! 










No comments:

Post a Comment