Here are the staples in his belly.. all 18 of them. He has 2 more layers of stitches on the inside.
Monday, September 26, 2011
My poor Koda
Mr. Koda Bear is not feeling so hot these days. This started last Thursday when I noticed he was not his usual playful self. Thursday I usually go into the office, but just was not feeling it that day. I stayed home and left about 11 to go get some Chic-fil-a (thanks Stacy for the email about how healthy it is :-)) when I came back he didn't get up to greet me or tried to beg for food. This is not my dog. I had already called Matt that morning and said I think Koda ate something because he was just acting so odd. I called the vet at 11:30 and they scheduled us for a 2:00 visit. After some x-rays they could see something was wrong, but couldn't actually see the object that was probably causing his stomach and intestines to bloat. They were worried about his stomach flipping so they tried sticking a tube down his throat and that didn't help. The only other option was exploratory surgery. He went in at about 3:30 for surgery and at 6ish we got a call from the Vet that were were missing a baby bottle nipple. Oh Koda. The nipple became lodge 3 feet down in his intestines and was a plug blocking anything from passing. He probably ate it the day or 2 before and it finally came to a stop. During surgery he aspirated and fluid went into his lungs. They recommended he go to the emergency vet to be monitored all night since they are not there at night to watch him. Long story short he has been in and out of the vet and emergency vet ever single day since Thursday and he is not getting better. He will not eat or drink and is very lethargic. They are trying another treatment on him at the vet's office and we are hoping and praying this will fix the issue. If not then we will do an ultrasound and see what is going on. Of the many MANY things Koda has consumed it is hard to believe a baby bottle nipple was what got him down. The vet saved it for us and there is not one chew mark on it. He just swallowed it. Matt wanted to keep it as a souvenir. I made him throw it away. With our luck with Koda he would probably eat it again.
Here are the staples in his belly.. all 18 of them. He has 2 more layers of stitches on the inside.
Here are the staples in his belly.. all 18 of them. He has 2 more layers of stitches on the inside.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Poor Koda Baby Bear... keep us updated :(
ReplyDelete